Bayside HOME RDI HOME  

BAYSIDE CONDOMINIUMS ASSOCIATION of BREVARD COUNTY, INC
Board meeting held Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Call to order: The meeting was called to order at 6:00 pm in the clubhouse.

Board members present: President Craig Ponsonby via speakerphone, VP Denny Dettro, Secretary Gail Burch and Treasurer Bob Behling. Director John Roberts was out of town. Michelle Davis and Ted Manna from RDI were also present. Four owners attended.

Proof of Posting: Denny certified that the agendas were posted on the bulletin boards more than 48 hours ago and RDI emailed the agenda to all we have emails for.

Approval of Minutes: Gail motioned to approve the minutes of the May 24, 2017 meeting as written and posted on the website. Bob seconded, all in favor.

Management Report: Michelle stated that letters were sent requesting keys to units and repair of a bathtub leak. No replies have been received. Regarding the leak in C506, Gail went to unit with the welcoming committee, and the tenant is waiting on the owner to move forward. Regarding maintenance, Ted stated that the door at #772 is finished at $100 under budget. This week, someone broke a glass INSIDE the pool. The bill will be about $100 for pool company to dive and get the glass shards out. Ted obtained bid of $46,000 from Cape Coast Industries for soffit replacement. Ted is still working on the alarm problems with ATP. They billed $1900 for 11 hours of investigating and trouble shooting. Ted wants them to credit all but 2 hours, so we have not paid the bill. Board requested bid for replacement Fire Sprinkler inspection company. Bid is very close to same price, but we are trying to find a consultant to help answer the reason for these alarm problems. Lastly 752 elevator pads have disappeared. Owners must borrow pads from other buildings until replacements arrive. Craig asked about the B504 leak. Ted wasnít aware of this issue and will have an update at the next meeting.

Treasurerís Report: Bob stated that through May 30, 2017 the association has $54,053.81 in the operating account and $215,066.78 in the reserve accounts. Accounts Receivable is at $19,190, from 2 accounts. Year to date, we are 5% under budget.

There are 2 units that owe a lot and Bob recommends that the attorney be contacted for further action. Bob walked the property with Al Franks & US Lawns and they seem to have a good plan to upgrade the landscaping. Bob said Al is doing a great job, heís always on top of issues, and he coordinates with owners to get their input. Lastly, Bob attended a hurricane seminar and feels we need to have a plan in place.

New Business:

New engineer debriefs- The previous engineer was too busy to work with us, so management brought in a local engineer, Melissa Lomax from Existing Structures. We had a 40-minute meeting today with her to discuss Soffits, Roof, and Drainage. They will draw up a proposal in the next week. They do not oversee roof work but will provide with other contractors.
Townhouse Gutters Strategy- Still working on that. Gutter companies will not guarantee they can fix the drainage issues in back. There was discussion about having association install gutters behind all townhomes and then be responsible for all.
202B Shutter Application Approval- Craig motioned for approval, Denny seconded, All in favor. Application was signed.
Spectrum Proposal- Offer to add internet to current bulk cable contract for $10 per unit per month., but would have to sign a new 5-year agreement. Bob feels this would be a material change. Manager suggested having owners vote to add this. Craig wants attorney input. Bob motioned not to pursue this proposal, Gail seconded, all in favor.
Fire Alarm Proposal- Gail stated her other property uses World Electronics Consulting in Cocoa, Paul Cisnaros. Ted will contact him and obtain a bid for services before the next meeting.
Roof blister proposal- Ted stated the roof cleaning and coating would be $44K per building from Cape Coast Services. Ted is also awaiting a bid from Horschel. Michelle has dealt with a roof engineer/consultant. Board agreed to pay up to $300 for a written evaluation of the roof and options for repair.
Hurricane/Emergency Plan- Bob stated we should have a committee taking pictures every June so in the event there is damage, we have proof for coverage. Newsletter will have request for committee volunteers.
Unfinished Business:

2017 Reserve Study approval- Bob and Craig worked on the pooled reserve analysis and added items that were missing. Denny motioned to approve, Gail seconded, all in favor.
Owner/Association Responsibilities guide approval- Craig put together a list of items owners are responsible for, such as fans, windows, sliders, etc., and a list of items the Association is responsible for. There were more questions and changes. Craig will finalize this and send to RDI to send with the next newsletter.
AT&T Fiber Upgrade- Denny stated that the rep and a technician will walk the property on July 10th.
Entrance Lighting Upgrade- All are now working except 1 pole.
Infraction Practices Committee formation- Need 2 more people. Already have 1 confirmed. Request for volunteers will go out in newsletter.
Universal Lawsuits Status- Craig stated that our insurance agent, Trevor Barone, says all other Universal lawsuits he has dealt with have been settled with no out of pocket money to Universal. Will have more info at the next meeting.
Financial Review Approval- Bob motioned to approve the CPA Review and send the payment to Jackson. Denny seconded, all in favor. Notice will be posted in the newsletter that all owners are entitled to a free copy and we will also put it on the website.
Hi-Rise Elevator Lobby Committee- The committee is waiting on one more bid. They have 3 options for mural in lobbies. This will be presented at the July Meeting.
Hi-Rise Elevator Floors Decision- Bids of $2,460 and $2500 were received to install new flooring in all three elevators. Bob motioned to approve the removal of dangerous tile and select tile next week, Gail seconded, all in favor.
Paver Grout Status- Ted stated one townhome driveway has had 2 coats of a water-repellant formula and it is in the test phase. So far it looks good, but no vehicles have driven on it yet. Ted will update at the next meeting, but all contractors have said only installing full thick pavers will stop the crumbling.

Other Business: Received e-mail from a resident about the shabby look of the cushions in the clubhouse. New ones designed for the chairs will cost about $200. Denny motioned to approve this purchase. Bob seconded, all in favor.

Comments from Owners: Susie stated that the developer installed gutters on the front of the villas, but some of the residents have installed their own back gutters. She asked for confirmation of what the association will take care of. Currently, only front gutter issues are Association responsibility.

Set Next Meeting: The next meeting will be July 26, 2017 at 6 pm in the clubhouse.

Adjournment: There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 7:02 pm. Respectfully submitted, Michelle Davis, Manager, Reconcilable Differences