Back to Garrett's Run Home Page
RDI  HOME
Garrett’s Run Condominium Association 
Minutes of the Board of Directors’ Meeting
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 
 
Call to Order/Establish Quorum of Directors: President Kathie Heisey called the meeting to order at 7:03 pm in the clubhouse at 7900 Greenboro Drive. Board Members present were: Treasurer Hattie Martin. In attendance by speakerphone were: Vice President Peter Engel, Directors Al Fassler and David Tarantelli.  Secretary Angelo Laviano was absent.  A quorum was established.  Lynn Hiott with Reconcilable Differences was present. Unit owners in attendance were: George O’Neill and John Blake.

Approval of the Board Meeting Minutes of May 30, 2012: Al made a motion to approve the minutes as written. Peter seconded the motion and it passed by unanimous voice. 

Financial Report:

  • Hattie Martin reported that as of May 31st, the operating account at Sunrise bank showed a balance of $ 70,875.70. Sunrise reserve balance was          $ 217,179.40, for a total of $288,905.10. Our A/R is $ 88,532.09. Total assets are $410,559.67, prepaid expenses of $3,388. Prepaid assessments are $18,355.00. Printed copies are available in the office of the Audit for 2011. David made the motion to accept the financial report as stated, Al seconded the motion and it passed by unanimous voice vote.
Unfinished Business:
  • Collections/Legal Update: Lynn reported that unit 108 has a paying tenant and so does 912. Unit 603 had major water damages resulting from unit 612 having a clogged AC line. Unit 612 will be held financially responsible for all costs. The suggestion was made for the Board to approve a purchase of a commercial dehumidifier or renting one while unit 603 remained in foreclosure due to the unit not having any type of HVAC system to prevent future mold growth. A discussion ensued, Al made the motion to purchase the commercial dehumidifier for $1500, David seconded the motion and it passed by unanimous voice vote.  Lynn reported also that unit 613 and 707 have completed their payment plans and are currently paid in full. This leaves a total of 3 accounts remaining with Clayton and McCullough and the remaining accounts are with Larsen and Associates. 
  • Sod behind 300 building: Hattie agrees that something is needed behind 300 building as it rains the dirt continuously gets washed away. Blue Bell sent a bid in for $1350 for 6 pallets of sod, but Lynn and Vance feel that only 3 pallets are really needed to cover the sides of the building. After a discussion, the Board members agreed to look into Home Depot and Lowe’s to see what their pallets of sod would be and then they would take action in-between meetings to approve this work. 
  • Condo Declaration’s Amendment Regarding Rentals: The Board is still confused and feels that the wording is convoluted and not clear. A request has been made to schedule a meeting with Frank to further discuss this amendment September 13-27 to further discuss this amendment. Lynn will contact Frank to get a date and time and will email the Board for this meeting. 
  • Reserve Study Update: Kathie requested that a volunteer committee be arranged to discuss the Reserve study and come back to the Board with a plan for future budgeting. All the Board members agreed to this and will announce a committee volunteer group in the next newsletter. 
  • Owner legal fees reimbursement: At the direction of the former management company, the Board was led to believe that all of this owner’s accounts were to be discussed only with the legal attorney involved and that they should not discuss anything with the owner. The owner has proven to new management that he was never in the arrears with payments and should be entitled to his legal fees reimbursed. The Board had a long discussion on this. Al made the motion to reimburse the owner for his legal fees of $1465.09 in good faith to resolve this issue. The Board further stated that Garrett’s Run Association would legally pursue the former management company for their expenses for a wrongful case. The owner agreed to write a letter establishing what occurred. Hattie seconded the motion and it passed by unanimous voice vote.
  • Clubhouse Reservations Form Usage Fee: Lynn reported that the Fire Marshal stated the maximum number of bodies inside the clubhouse for a part is 60 people. The suggestion was given to the Board to charge a “Private Party” usage fee broken down into 0-25 people, $25 charge, 26-50 people $50 charge, and 51-60 $75 charge for usage of the clubhouse. This fee is only for “Private parties”. If someone reserves the clubhouse for only their guests and no one else was allowed entry into the clubhouse, they would be charged a nominal fee for this money to be put into a clubhouse reserve fund to later fund the elements to be replaced. Peter made the motion to charge the $25, $50, and $75 fees for private parties. David seconded the motion and it passed by unanimous voice vote.  This fee would be effective August 1st.
Manager’s Report: Lynn reported that the roof on building 400 has been completed, along with the Oak tree trimming around the buildings. The cosmetic board repairs are due to begin in early August, weather permitting. Lynn also reported that there were several owner complaints about sidewalks and entrance ways not being pressure washed and Lynn will have Vance begin his sidewalk pressure washing cleaning in early September. 

New Business:

  • Pressure Washing Buildings: Lynn reported that even though several bids have come in, there is still one more outstanding with a company that has done a good job on other properties, at a lower rate. Once this comes in, she will send to the Board members and they will approve the action in-between meetings. 
  • Parking Spaces assignment: Table for next meeting. 
  • Wi-Fi for the Clubhouse: Lynn reported that Brighthouse charges $100 and more per month to set the clubhouse up on a Wi-Fi hotspot. She stated that she would change the router in the office to be stronger and it would be just as easy for the homeowners to use. The password will be hidden in a selective spot and she would change the password every 6 months to keep security strong. Having the Wi-Fi available is a great advantage for the residents in Garrett’s Run. 
  • Ridge vent repairs on building 200 and 600, possibly clubhouse:  Lynn reported that Joe Horschel would be coming out to do the ridge vent repairs soon. He will only replace or seal the ones that are damaged due to the association replacing the roofs within the next 1-2 years. 
Owner Input: None.

The next Board Meeting is set for Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 7:00 pm at the clubhouse at Garrett’s Run.
 
Adjournment:
There being no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 8:56 pm by Kathie Heisey.
 
Respectfully Submitted,
  
Lynn Hiott, CAM #35322 
Reconcilable Differences, Inc.