Back to Village Square Home Page
RDI HOME

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE 
VILLAGE SQUARE OF TITUSVILLE CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC. 
THURSDAY, January 26, 2017 

Guest Speaker: Richard Collard from Poo Prints made a presentation on Doggie DNA, the process of identifying animal waste from a data base. Richard explained that a cheek swab is performed on the animal and kept in their data base. If there is a violation of an animal not being picked up after, the waste would be collected, analyzed and the association could then fine the violator. The cost of the registration kit is $39.95 and all pets must register. If testing must be done, the collection kits are $15.00 and the lab fee to confirm is $59.95, but there are no annual fees. The association would set the violation fees and would oversee the collection and submission of the samples. Richard answered owners’ questions and left. 

Call to order: The meeting was called to order by Manager Michelle Davis at 12:12 pm. Approximately 30 residents attended. 

Certification of Proxies: Manager stated that we received 18 proxies and had 26 units represented in person, for a total of 44 units in attendance. We needed 53 units for a quorum, so this was not established. This would be an informational meeting only.

Approval of Minutes from Previous Annual Meetings and Member’s Meeting: No quorum was met; therefore, the minutes could not be approved from the previous year. 

Officer’s Reports: President’s message was given by Brenda: Brenda thanked everyone for their support. She then thanked Michelle, Gabrielle, and Sarah of RDI for the good job they are doing for the association. Brenda thanked Al Flotre for joining the board and Betty for all her assistance. 

Vice President/Secretary report was given by Betty Conant: Betty thanked Joe & Terry for all they do for the get-togethers and asked that owners assist them in the set up and clean-up of the events. They put up the Christmas decorations and they could use help with this also. She reminded residents that the keys the Association has are for emergency use only. The board is not a concierge for people who lock themselves out. You need to find a friend or neighbor to leave an extra key with. Regarding complaints, you must include your name and a way to reach you. It will remain confidential, but without someone to back up a concern, nothing will be done. Guest spots are for short term guest parking only. And lastly, please do not stop and talk in front of the mail boxes. The carrier will not stop if the boxes are blocked. 

Financial Report: Michelle stated that as of Dec 31, 2016, the Association ended the year with $75,000 in the operating account and almost $370,000 in Reserves and ended the year $14,000 under budget. The board did a good job and there were no major unexpected expenses. There are a few slow paying units including one that resulted from a death but will be collected when the estate sells the home. The Association is going into the new year in good shape with no increase in fees for the seventh year, even with fully-funded reserves. 

Unfinished Business: 
There was a request for a flag pole at the clubhouse. The discussion was to move the flag pole at the entranceway to the clubhouse and obtain a new one for the entrance. The fee for the new pole would be around $800.00, and with the moving of the pole and the installation of both, the cost would be around $1,000.00. Bernie Franczyk voiced concern over the cost and volunteered to find and install the flag poles. Brenda asked Bernie to head a group with Joe and Al to handle the project, and the purchase could be made with the association credit card. 

New Business: 
Michelle stated there are several issues being discussed: 

  1. A number of owners have expressed an interest in restricting the number of children. The attorney said the only way to do this is to become a 55 and over community. 
  2. Pets. Adding an amendment to the rules concerning pet weight and height, and, if also approved by the owners, adding the doggie DNA. If doggie DNA goes into effect, pet owners will be advised of the details and cost of the program and the possible fines. 
  3. Collecting past due amounts on foreclosed units. 
  4. Limiting the number of units that one entity can own.
The attorney is clarifying the wording, and the final version will be mailed or handed out to owners in the next week. It will take 51% of owners voting and 30% of those voting yes to pass the changes. 

Open Forum-Comments and Discussion by Homeowners: 
Speeders: Get tag numbers of the violators and pictures if possible. More than one person must report the same violator in order for a letter to be written. 

Heating of the pool: Owners want to consider options for heating of the pool. An owner vote would be needed for this material change. 
Fence on Neighboring Property: Association cannot ask owner to replace fence. The broken fence was removed. It looks better than it did. 

Adjournment
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 12:40 pm. 

Respectfully, 

Gabrielle Porter, CAM #47345 and Michelle Davis, CAM #17226 


VILLAGE SQUARE BOARD Organizational Meeting 
The meeting began at 12:45 pm on January 26, 2017. 

Brenda agreed to continue being President. Betty agreed to be Treasurer and Secretary, and Al agreed to serve as Director at Large. Dennis Filler is willing to serve, but the board must have an uneven number of directors, so instead of adding a 5th person, Dennis offered to step down for now. All were in favor. 

Amendments: Management will complete the collating by next week. This mailing will be handed out to owners on site with instructions to return the ballot to the box at the clubhouse. Those that are sent to off-site owners will include a self-addressed stamped envelope to help assure enough votes are received. 

Flag Pole: The committee of volunteers will take care of obtaining and installing the new flag pole. 

Doggie DNA: This will wait until the votes come back from the owners and then determine a plan after it is decided whether or not to put it in place. 

New Business: 

Golf Carts: An owner expressed interest in obtaining a golf cart. This cart is fueled by gas, but it opened discussion about electric cars in the future. Michelle explained that other properties obtain a Kill-A-Watt Meter to track the usage of electricity. Further discussion included the issues of no outside power outlets, wiring needing to be updated, and electricity being run under the sidewalks. The expenses would be on the owner. It was decided this issue will be brought up at the next meeting as new business. 

Swimming Pool Heater: Al will obtain information about installing solar heating for the pool. This will be discussed at the next meeting also. 

There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1:07 pm 

Respectfully, 
Gabrielle Porter, CAM #47345, and Michelle Davis, CMCA, AMS, CAM #17226 
Community Association Managers