Back to Village Square Home Page
RDI HOME

Minutes of the Meeting
of the Board of Directors for the
VILLAGE SQUARE OF TITUSVILLE CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC.
November 7, 2014

Call to Order:  
The meeting was called to order at 12:00 pm by President Brenda Dowd. Vernon Groe, Thelma and Charles Stout, and Pam Kellogg attended. 
 
Establish Quorum of Directors:  
Board members present: President Brenda Dowd, Vice President Evelyn Bourke, and Secretary Betty Conant. Director David Mark was present by speakerphone and Treasurer Dennis Filler was absent. Michelle Davis and Lynn Hiott from Reconcilable Differences also attended.
 
Approval of Prior Minutes:  
Betty motioned to approve the minutes of the October 10, 2014 meeting as posted on the website. Evelyn seconded, all in favor.   
 
Financial/Collections: Michelle reported that as of October 31st unreconciled, the Association has $47,849 in the Operating account, and $231,326 in the various Reserve accounts. Unit #226 is now owned by FNMA and the Association attorney has sent a demand to FNMA for $7,200 owed per “Safe Harbor”, after the Association had to write off approximately $5200 to bad debts on this unit.
The bank now owning Unit #255 paid in full through the end of the year, sending $3,048. 

Unit #155 is expected to be foreclosed by FNMA in November 2014. Approximately $8K will have to be written off on that unit due to the bank’s “safe harbor” loophole. 

Other overdue units are expected to pay, but are chronic late payers. Late fees are always added, but we would like to see consistent payments from everyone. The majority of owners are excellent about paying on time.
 
Owner Input on Draft 2015 Budget:  None. 

Board Approval of 2015 Budget: Betty made the motion to approve the 2015 Budget as mailed to owners on October 15th with the monthly maintenance fee again staying at $200 per month, per unit. Brenda seconded the motion, all were in favor. Lynn reminded the owners present that a form was mailed with the budget that MUST be returned if the owner needs a coupon book ordered for 2015. Those books will be ordered within the next week and mailed to the owners. If the form is not received by November 10th, a special order cost will have to be paid by the owner.

New Business: Brenda reported that Evelyn has stepped away from serving as Maintenance Supervisor and that Betty has taken this position. Betty will continue to work closely with the maintenance man Dennis. Brenda also reported that Joe has been hired to help with the pulling of the weeds for 4 hours a week and this will continue until the weeds are under control. David asked why this was not included in the landscaper contract. It was noted that they spray the weeds, but do not pull them. It was agreed that Joe’s work helps the community look better. Brenda also reported that she will be working with Dennis to get sod replaced throughout the property and add mulch too, all within the approved 2014 budget. 

Owner Input: A resident asked about three vehicles from one unit that are all parking in front of the units. The Board will look into this further. 

A resident asked what was legal to place outside their front doors and into the grass areas. Since this is common grounds, residents must put her requests into writing and submit to the Board for approval. It was also noted that 1 small plant/planter is allowed at each front door. 

Set Next Meeting Date: The next meeting will be the Annual Meeting to be held on Friday, January 23, 2015 at noon. Management will get the 1st notice, which asks for volunteers, sent to all homeowners. 
 
Adjournment: There being no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 12:17 pm.  
 
Respectfully Submitted,

Reconcilable Differences Team
Lynn Hiott, LCAM # 35322
Michelle Davis, LCAM #17226